1. I’ve always thought it would be really cute to buy or construct sandwiches/ picnic food, eat it at the park, and then play on the swings/ playground like little kids.
2. I love street food festivals. You can have food all over the world and have great convo prompts.
3. I’ve always wanted to go to one of those animal cafes.
4. I chose my own but I took him skydiving. The tense lead up let us nervously laugh together and then afterwards we compared notes. Plus the guys we were strapped to in the plane leaned us together so we could kiss. If that’s both of your styles I’d go for it or something like it.
5. I took a girl to a board game cafe on our first date. We are getting married next May.
6. Aquariums! It’s fun to watch someone react to all the neat critters, and you’ll have a unique experience to look back on.
7. He wanted to go fly kites at the lakefront. Which was pretty dope.
8. Dog lover? Go to an animal shelter and walk some puppies or play with then! Free, adorable, and nice to the poor pups.
9. First date: the district carnival. Like chickens, newborn lambs, fun wholesome stuff.
10. Factory/ bakery/ candy-making tour( brewery or winery if alcohol is okay ).
11. See if there’s a local ghost hunting society that does tours.
12. I’ve been on a group date where we played silent conceal and try/ tag in a massive library.
13. Escape room.
14. See local live theater( okay, so you can’t talk during the play, but there’s before, intermission and after ).
15. Said to a guy at a bar that I liked video games. Took me to a cyber cafe. Perfection.
16. We ran driving around looking at Christmas suns while listening to holiday music. Was simple and probably very good first date of my life.
17. She was starting to get into kayaking, I’ve been kayaking 5 years. I took her out kayaking for a few hours, had a laugh taught her a few new things.
18. The cutest first date I ever went on was to our local science museum’s adult night. Getting to tinker and experimentation with everything was awesome, and watch him light up like a child was awesome.
19. After having some extremely terrible” first dates” I told the guy I was talking to that I wasn’t really comfortable going on a date. One night he asks if I’d like to run a couple of errands with him. He took me to store where he bought a bunch of candy and after leaving the store he pointed to this really old and small theater and asks, if I would like to check it out. After the movie, he asks me if I was as hungry as he was and proceeded to treat me to a great dinner. The mf tricked me into a perfect date night.
20 One of my cutest first dates was with a guy who took me out to the country area he and their own families lived to go stargazing away from light pollution. We laid down on a big fluffy blanket and he pointed out the various constellations and told me their myths and which were his favorite … he was really into astronomy.
21. One of the first times my husband and I hung out we went to the library and played a Dungeons and Dragons. He always attaches importance to my interests.
22. Bookstore. I had a pretty good first date once in a quiet bookstore. We aimed up sitting in a small upstairs room looking at pictures of ww2 tanks while he nerded out about them.
23. On our first date my now-husband asked me to teach him to ice skate because he knew I was a former figure skater. So many dudes love to take the early opportunity to show off, but sometimes we wanna show off things we enjoy and are good at too! Show her you noticed their own interests! Plus it’s nice to see early on if you’re the kind of guy who’s gonna act like an emasculated dick when you aren’t the best at something or if you’re fun and a good sport.
24. The first time my now-husband and I went on a date, we actually went for a 2 hour hike around a pond. It’s relaxed , no pressure, and the conversation is free to happen organically. Plus, if you have doggos, you’re bound to have a good time.
25. I’m kinky as fuck and merely date people who know that from the outset, so bare that in intellect when I tell you that I had a great first date at a class to stimulate my own flogger. It was crafty, I learned stuff, I had the chance to hang out with him, and I ended up with a toy that works well and has survived for a long time.
26. MUSEUMS. I love museums. I merely enjoy getting lost in the tales and history. For my first date with my boyfriend, “hes taking” me to a very well known nuclear museum near our city that I somehow had never been to. It was beyond cool to geek out with him. Then we ran and walked the length of the river in downtown and talked about our life goals. It was incredible. I felt that deep connect immediately and knew he would be someone very important to me. We’ve been dating 5 years now, and I’m super glad he preferred a “nerdy” place for our first date.
27. Zoo was always my favorite first date.
28. I really like to draw, paint, etc. so he decided to take me out by a dam where there were picnic tables( love to hike too btw ), and we followed a Bob Ross painting tutorial together. He bought all the stuff for that, and bought me a flower and a coffee. It was really nice that someone paid attention to the stuff I liked, and based that around our first date.
29. Never been on a date, but I’ve always wanted to order some pizza, load up Minecraft and only play all night and feed pizza. That’s my perfect date.
30. I would melt if a guy took me to a nation fair.
31. Planetarium after watching some old school sci-fi movie in a small/ local cinema. While you’re looking at the stars, sitting comfortably, your minds can wonder a while about the universe and yourselves. It can be achieved through a wholesome conversation and its also give you this nostalgic warm feeling you both thought you lost. Now she’s gonna connect you to this feeling and you can get to know each other better through that.
32. Miniature Golfing !!! It is so much fun. You get to talk to the person, and trying to hit the ball through the obstacles provides enough distraction from awkward silences! Then go into the arcade and spend some quarters and win her a cute little bracelet!
33. A cocktail produce class … fun and we got tipsy.
Read more: thoughtcatalog.com